D-backs to face Brewers in NL Wild Card Series

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2024-6-18 17:23:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Phoenix Az It wasn't the finishing the D-backs wanted for their 2023 season, as Arizona lost 8-1 to the Astros on Sunday at Chase Field in the last game of the routine D-backs just racked up 2 runs in the series move. " These 3 video games, I really feel like offensively, we had some little eruptions, we had moments of those fully grown at-bats that I was speaking about," D-backs manager Torey Lovullo said.  "But, when you check out the full body of work and you just scored a number of runs for the past 27 innings, I really feel like we reached secure it down. " Those will certainly be the conversations that we have.  Hitting trains will certainly proceed to obtain their messages out and see to it that their hitters are as prepared as they can possibly be. " Despite having obtaining swept to finish the routine season, the D-backs are heading to the postseason, as they secured on Saturday night, stood out champagne in the club and dove right into the right-field swimming pool at Chase Field.   Right here the final 2023 postseason bracketNow, they'll be getting on a flight to Milwaukee and play the Brewers in bush Card round of the playoffs.  The D-backs ended up 4-2 versus the National League Central champs, with their last encounter beginning June 21.   Full schedule for 2023 MLB PostseasonAt the time, the D-backs were 15 games over. 500 and led the NL West.  They completed 16 video games behind the Dodgers, who won the division.  The Makers were 11/2 video games out of top place in the NL Central.  Milwaukee completed the period with a nine-game padding Dodgers Jerseys. " We have every one of our data factors," Lovullo stated.  "We have every one of our details that we collected, and I anticipate every coach had actually been doing the exact same thing that theyve been doing all year long, and they made a note of some of their essential factors.  "The Makers are a various team than they were at that point.  So weve had our scouts resting on them, and were gon na take a seat as a team tomorrow and as a team tomorrow, maybe the following day and be as prepared as we can perhaps be. " Sunday's lackluster offense can be related to six of the D-backs starters out of the lineup, yet the offensive distress were on display through the first 2 finished 1-for-20 with runners in racking up setting, leaving 20 joggers on base this series.  This was available in a playoff environment, as the Astros the ruling World Series champs were combating for not just a playoff area yet additionally winning the AL West. " This is a playoff team," Tommy Pham claimed of the Astros.  "This is a wonderful test for us.  You saw the very first two games, wonderful throwing matches.  The only person we missed is Valdez, and he's truly excellent over there. " In the postseason, it's pitching and defense.  In our first 2 video games, we saw great pitching from us.  We saw excellent protection.  We were just missing the huge hit.  I obtained up a couple of times and I didnt deliver. " In the first two video games, beginners Zac Gallen and Merrill Kelly incorporated for 3 runs in 131/3 innings, and the bullpen provided 42/3 nothing the playoffs starting on Tuesday, it presents an opportunity for Arizona to reset its offense and show the brand name of baseball that obtained the club into the postseason.  And the D-backs are certain they can perform on the brilliant phase. " I think it a fresh start," Alek Thomas said.  "We just obtained to toss all that away this past collection.  It's whatever yet definitely a tidy slate and reach enter right here with an open and clear mind.  It mosting likely to be fun. " They're a good team, but I seem like we played well versus.  So it's going to be a great series. "

https://www.losangelesdodgersprostore.com/connor-brogdon-jersey

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表