Barber Saquon Barkley can be one of greatest ever

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2024-3-3 11:06:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Barber: Saquon Barkley can be one of 'greatest ever'   Published: May 18, 2019 at 01:01 PM                          Tiki Barber is not in the like football icon Frank Gifford. He didn't win a Yasiel Puig Jersey  like greats Joe Morris, Ottis Anderson or Rodney Hampton. But the numbers speak for themselves: Barber is Big Blue's gold standard at running back.     The retired star says that could change in the next decade. Health and home team permitting, Barber believes second-year back will eclipse him.     "If he stays healthy and he stays here, in New York," Barber said, . "My records don't have a chance."         Barber, who spent his entire 10-year career with New York, leads the franchise in rushing yards (10,449) and all-purpose yards (17,359) and is second in rushing touchdowns (55). His 586 receptions rank second in team history and are by far the most Clayton Kershaw Jersey  among running backs. His 4.7 yards per carry is the highest mark of any Giant with at least 2,000 rushing yards.     And yet Barber isn't too proud to say Barkley will be better.      "He can be one of the greatest ever," Barber said. "Physically, he's a freak. I'll parallel him to . When I first met Adrian, I looked at his muscular and body structure and was just  Chris Taylor Jersey in awe. His muscles were popping out of his skin and Saquon is the same way. That portends a durability.        "When you pair that with a pa sion and desire to be great, you get an . Saquon is the same type of player, but he's much better, because he's so versatile. Adrian couldn't catch the ball out of the backfield or line up as a Maury Wills Jersey  wide receiver. Saquon can do that at a very high level."     Barkley's wide array of skills were on full display as a rookie in 2018. The No. 2 pick of the 2018 draft led the league in yards from scrimmage (2,028) and was second in rushing (1,307), while also catching an NFL rookie record 91 pa ses and scoring 15 touchdowns. He averaged 5.0 yards per carry and didn't fumble once. It made him an obvious choice for Offensive Rookie of the Year.      It was also enough to convince the best back in history that he probably won't hold onto that crown for much longer.       This article has been reproduced in a new format  Julio Urias Jersey and may be mi sing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an i sue.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表